Sunday, September 18, 2005

Update from New Orleans, 9/17/05

Hi again --
I miss hearing you guys on Sunday mornings. When this is all over I am going to talk to the hospital director at Ochsner about a ham radio station for the institution. They had almost zero communications for several days after the hurricane.
New Orleans is a strange place. The skyline at night is mostly black -- I saw stars for the first time since I moved here. The smell is not nice. Our mayor did point out that New Orleans is now a crime-free and drug-free city. This presents a unique opportunity to keep it that way.
By the way, he is a wonderful mayor and a true hero. Those school buses that they keep showing on national TV belong to the state and their drivers are state employees.
Terry and I plus some flooded friends will be allowed to move back into our house on Wednesday. Utilities are promised to be on. There will be plenty of work to do for the next several weeks. Thanks again for your prayers. I promise we will have another MARCO meeting in New Orleans one day!
Chip, N5RTF

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joystiq @ TGS: Satoru Iwata's keynote speech and presentation in English
Nintendo has posted a translation of the entire keynote speech given by Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata yesterday at Tokyo Game Show.
Surfin' online I found your blog, really a good job!
I'm going to bookmark you to get the news I think are relevant to my project!

I have a carolina consolidation debt north site/blog. It pretty much covers carolina consolidation debt north related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-), Every advice would be really very much appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Debt consolidation can get you out of debt forever! consolidation debt loan payday You can also work at home or credit repair and you can still consolidate with consolidation debt loan payday and you will also like work at home