Friday, September 02, 2005

Chip and Terry Keister Alive and Well!

I received this email from Chip, N5RTF on September 2.
-KM2L

Hi Bruce.

Terry and I decided to leave New Orleans when Katrina reached Cat 5. We finally got out of the city about 5:30 p.m. Sunday with all of our pets but very few belongings. We are living with Terry's parents for a while in Jackson, MS.

We have been in touch with friends who stayed behind. Their house flooded, so they moved to ours which is above sea level. The house itself sustained roof damage and caught a falling tree limb in the back. All utilities were turned off and our friends left today. Crime has been really bad. We hope the army will make a difference.

I brought one HF radio and have a dipole in a tree to listen to the New Orleans radio station. I forgot to bring an antenna tuner, so I can't transmit. I will listen to the net Sunday. Feel fee to post this on the Email reflector. I will write in again later.

Chip & Terry Keister

No comments: