Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sri Lanka Update

Hemantha Gamage notified MARCO today that the Sri Lankan government has been so impressed by the MediShare-funded VHF radio project, that they will pay to generalize it throughout the western part of the country. Read on:

Dear Sirs/Madams,
Our provincial council decided to have the VHF system to all the health units and ambulances in the western province , Sri Lanka. They have realised the value of VHF radios esp in disasters. MARCO/Medishare should get the credit for introducing the system and funding for it. Provincial health minister assured that the government would bear the cost for such a system.

They requested me to do a study and a plan for the whole province as soon as posible. Anyway I am supposed to start my MD at the post graduate institue of medicine,University of Colombo. But I promised to stay with them as a volunteer for the system. I enjoy the work.

Thank you.

Hemantha 4S7HG

No comments: