Monday, August 14, 2006

Back From A Crash!!

I'm back in business after a remarkably terrible week. Everything I looked at broke, or so it seemed.

First off, a faucet fitting in one our upstairs bathrooms began to leak. This was discovered when my wife gazed at the kitchen ceiling and asked "Hey, isn't that water?"

Next, the backup battery for our security alarm system went flat after a power outage.

Third, the computer staggered to a halt under the burden of too many broken Windows components and lousy, resource-hogging software. This took me a week to fix, and if I weren't bald before I would be now.

Thursday, August 10 was the coup-de-grace. I threw a chicken into the oven and bid my 15 year-old good luck as he walked to the park behind our house for his soccer match. About 20 minutes into the chicken, the oven died. A few minutes after that, I received a call from the park - my son had broken his wrist!

What can I say - we are all recovering slowly, and hoping for better times.

73,
KM2L

No comments: